Israel tötet wieder in Syrien und bricht erneut das Völkerrecht mit einem Angriff des Nachbarlandes, von dem es zudem immer noch Teile illegal besetzt hält!

Israel bombardierte laut CNN erneut Ziele in Syrien

13. Juli 2013, 09:33
Smoke rises in Syrian port city of Latakia [file]

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/US-officials-Israel-is-responsible-for-Syrian-missile-depot-attack-319688


Luftangriff soll US-Beamten zufolge dem Mittelmeerhafen Latakia gegolten haben – Keine Bestätigung aus Jerusalem

Tel Aviv/Damaskus – Israel hat vergangene Woche nach Informationen von CNN erneut Ziele in Syrien angegriffen. Bei einer Serie schwerer Explosionen in der Nähe des syrischen Mittelmeerhafens Latakia habe es sich um Angriffe israelischer Kampfjets gehandelt, schrieb die Pentagon-Korrespondentin von CNN, Barbara Starr, unter Berufung auf mehrere ungenannte US-Regierungsvertreter.

Demnach galt die Bombardierung am frühen Morgen des 5. Juli einer Lieferung von Anti-Schiffs-Raketen vom Typ Yakhont aus Russland. Die Raketen mit einer Reichweite von 300 Kilometern würden als Bedrohung von Schiffen sowie israelischen Anlagen an Land angesehen.

Keine Reaktion aus Israel

Bei dem Angriff sollen mehrere Menschen getötet worden sein. Israel bestätigte den Bericht nicht. Auch nach drei weiteren Angriffen in Syrien seit Jahresanfang, die Israel zugeschrieben wurden, reagierte die Regierung in Jerusalem nicht.

Aber die Online-Ausgabe der israelischen Zeitung “Yediot Ahronot” zitierte Verteidigungsminister Moshe Yaalon am Samstag mit den Worten: “Es ist schon lange her, dass wir uns nicht in Syriens blutigen Krieg einmischen. Wir haben rote Linien gezogen, und diese gelten weiter. Im Nahen Osten gibt es immer mal wieder Explosionen hier und dort, und fast immer zeigen alle mit dem Finger auf uns.”

Israel hat mehrmals gewarnt, dass es die Lieferung hochmoderner Waffen an die südlibanesische Schiitenmiliz Hisbollah nicht tatenlos hinnehmen werde. (APA, 13.7.2013)

US officials: Israel is responsible for Syrian missile depot attack

By JPOST.COM STAFF, BEN HARTMAN
07/13/2013 03:25

Anonymous American officials tell CNN the IAF targeted Yakhont anti-ship missiles in Latakia on July 5.

Smoke rises in Syrian port city of Latakia [file]

Smoke rises in Syrian port city of Latakia [file] Photo: REUTERS

Israel is responsible for a July 5 early morning airstrike in Syria, anonymous US officials told CNN on Friday.

The attack on Latakia, which originally had no claim of responsibility, is reportedly the work of the Israeli Air Force (IAF).

Three unnamed US officials told CNN that the IAF had been targeting Russian-made Yakhont anti-ship missiles that could pose a threat to the Israel.

In response to early rumors that the airstrike could have been carried out by the IDF, Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon (Likud) said Tuesday Israel will continue to stand on the side lines of Syria’s civil war.

In an apparent reference to the strike that killed between 10 and 20 Syrian soldiers at an arms depot in Latakia over the weekend, Ya’alon maintained: “For a long time we have continued to say that we are not involving ourselves in the bloody civil war in Syria. We have established our red lines and we are sticking to them.”

“When there is an attack or explosion of some sort or another in the Middle East, usually no matter what we are blamed,” Ya’alon said during a visit to Tze’elim base on Tuesday, specifying that Israel is not involving itself in the civil war in Syria.

“The Syrian civil war has also spread into Lebanon for some time. Hezbollah has joined the fighting in Syria, and we see inside Lebanon – in Tripoli, Sidon and also in Beirut – reports like those today, of car bombs. This is largely a struggle between the Shi’ites and Sunnis… we are not involved in this.”

Click for full JPost coverage

On Tuesday, Syrian rebels said foreign forces destroyed advanced Russian anti-ship missiles. Qassem Saadeddine, spokesman for the Free Syrian Army’s Supreme Military Council, said a pre-dawn strike on Friday hit a Syrian navy barracks at Safira, near the port of Latakia. He said that the rebel forces’ intelligence network had identified newly supplied Yakhont missiles being stored there.

“It was not the FSA that targeted this,” Saadeddine told Reuters. “It is not an attack that was carried out by rebels. This attack was either by air raid or long range missiles fired from boats in the Mediterranean.”

Reuters contributed to this report.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: